Friday, October 20, 2017

CUSTOM ROADBLOCK G.I. JOE TOY [MARVEL LEGENDS STYLE] BY DSNG!

Here's Another new one, from 2017. I’ve made a few other G.I.Joes, and I’ll try and post them soon. This Roadblock [his real name is Marvin Hinton] was based on a hybrid original design, and I drew inspiration from the character portrayed by Dwayne Johnson in the G.I.Joe Retaliation movie from 2013. The base was the ML Netflix Punisher, fused with a WWE Basic Series 68B [I think that’s the one], which presented the head that I needed.

The muscular arms were sculpted, and they were borrowed from a ML Whirlwind. And his new armored vest was sculpted as well. His left thigh’s dagger holster was sculpted, while a small 5mm magnet was installed inside the pouch affixed upon his right thigh, in order to hold the submachine gun affixed there. Plus the dagger held on his right thigh was custom made.

    

  

Since Roadblock is a Heavy Gunner, he needed a heavy weapon; so the heavy machine-gun came from the other ML Punisher toy, the Walgreens exclusive. I also gave him black gloves but I didn’t give him the movie version's beard; since I felt it wasn’t necessary, per my chosen design. He has about four guns and two daggers, plus I attached a walkie-talkie-thingy to his leftward shoulder, right on the strap of his armored vest. The gun holster for the large two-toned handgun affixed on his lower back was custom made from cardboard and duct-tape. Finally, Tamiya paints were used and I tried to weather him a little bit, with some metallic shades.



 Stay tuned for more!



.

.

WEBLINK TO THE NEW $0.99 EBOOK, TITLED "DSNG TALES: UNUSUAL SUSPECT" [Click the Banner below!]