Wednesday, February 14, 2024

WIP - NEW CUSTOM BASE DIORAMA FOR GIJOE CLASSIFIED / VALAVERSE 6 INCH SCALE FIGURES!

I know it's late, but Happy New Year to all the DSNG Fans!!!

I have several Original Customs Toys that are almost ready, from a group I'm calling The Iron Brigade, but I haven't had time to photograph and post them.

Also I've been working on this Custom Base Diorama project for a while, based on an original design. I'm not sure when I'll be done with it. Last year, Over on Big Bad Toy Store, I saw a Diorama set that cost almost $180 with shipping, which I really liked... and it was just made from painted slim cardboard with some folded parts. Honestly, it didn't look like it was worth the money. So I decided to give it a shot and build something original, like a compact Base / HQ for my 6-inch scale GI Joe figures.

  

Everything in the base, from the walls to the furnishings, is a scratch-build [using wood, plastic, cardboard, and putty], except for the giant monitor with the twin speakers [bought from Amazon]. But I had to enhance it and raise it higher, and convert it from a flat TV entertainment center to a giant desktop computer table. And more additions will be done later. Plus there is a giant keyboard that is being built, shown on the left side. The floor of the base is a rubber mat, while the thick walls are made from cardboard shipping boxes. And the walls are two parts, a width and a length, which can be adjusted to create a flat wall.

Anyway, I don't know when I'll be finished with this Base Diorama [which still needs to be painted], but I figured it was advanced enough to be posted as a WIP. Thanks for looking! Enjoy & Share!



.

.

WEBLINK TO THE NEW $0.99 EBOOK, TITLED "DSNG TALES: UNUSUAL SUSPECT" [Click the Banner below!]